Saturday, December 22, 2007

My walk

It is raining outside now, but it wasn’t when I decided to go to my walk. You cannot help but smile as you walk when the world winks at you, tickling your each and every sense, daring you to explore its wonders. I closed my eyes sometimes, many times, and let the scents of fresh nature take my hand. I watched a soaring bird celebrating its freedom and crying out loud to me saying, “Follow meeeeee!” I watched the long grass in the ball-game field as it kept swaying gently to the wind. I wished I could touch it and clenched my hand to the thought. But I reached out my hand to touch the bush hedges enclosing neatly mowed lawns and giving them the privacy and reassuring sense of security they need. I smiled to that all, to how I took nature in, smelt it, touched it, listened to it, watched it and tasted it’s unfailing calm irresistible beauty. And then, in the last 10 minutes of my walk, it started to rain. I simply could not take that big smile off my face now; I almost laughed. The unbelievable joy of having that fresh drizzle falling tenderly on my face! Tiny rain drops stood there on my eye lashes greeting my happy eyes. It is life again, rich and inspiring, elevating and comforting, pushing me to live, inhale and soar! Thank God for hope. Thank God for life.

No comments: