Saturday, December 22, 2007

... in the rain!

I did it, I did it, I did it, I did it!!

It was raining lightly outside, no thunder rumbling or lightening striking, just rain; sweet light rain. I put on a light dark shawl and very light scarf; I didn’t want to miss one single drop of rain, and went outside barefoot again! I have never walked on wet glistening grass before. The sensation is beyond words. The freshness of that crisp grasp is rejuvenating that a sweet smile sprung from my heart to my face. I kept pacing around on the grass and then on the concrete trails and each time I step into a puddle of water on uneven ground images of childhood rush to my mind and into my veins. I could not jump into them splashing everything around like I used to when I was a child. I could of course, but the peacefulness and overflowing happiness kept my pace steady and serene. On I walked, not caring if any one was watching. No one could have. It was minutes before dawn time and there was no sound around but that of rain drops on roof tops and on the pool water. I walked to the pergola overlooking the pool in front of my bungalow and stood there resisting the temptation of stepping into the pool. The soft ripples were smiling back at me; alluring and enticing. It is a big wadding pool where the water is a hand span deep; it goes a little bit over the ankle. In the hustle and bustle of a sunny summer day, kids go there to play and splash each other with water. It was very quite there now and a leaf on the water was gliding softly and tenderly and I followed it and made the move. I stepped in! I almost cried out of joy! I have lived here for three whole years and never touched that pool. I never walk barefoot and always cover up so there is never a chance for me to do that in public. Tonight, I was pacing through that cold water almost breathless! I had to get inside again, but as I was walking back, looking again for puddles to step in, I was wondering at the connection between me and nature. It is like a lost friend that I have finally found and cannot let go of. I simply plunge into its beauty now and share with it my joy and sorrow. I’m living nature now, taking it all in!

No comments: