Saturday, December 22, 2007

My beautiful mornings

I used to hate cloudy days, but now I simply dare not! These clouds are promising of nourishing rain that the trees are long standing, waiting and longing for. If you look closely, you will find everything around you alive in its true color. On sunny days, everything shines under the golden layer that the sun lavishly gives away. When the clouds take over though, they give the luscious trees the chance to glow in their own unique shades of green, they give the slowly flowing river the chance go on solemnly without the light reflecting on its soft ripples that attracts unwanted attention when it just wants to go calmly by.

I pass by stables of horses on my way in the mornings. In the vast pastures they call home, they stand there beautiful and proud watching cars and people go by, look at each other, and then enjoy their stacks of hay with dew glimmering on them. Strong brown stallions unaware of their grandeur and elegance just fit in in the perfect background of nature, pure and rich.

Was the bus stopping for traffic lights when I saw them? Well, it was long enough for me to watch and adore this couple. A stocky man with a big belly, long beard and crumpled shirt and a short chubby lady with curly dark hair. A couple that would never attract anyone's attention were walking by. But her smile caught me unguarded and he was holding her hand. They would smile at each other as they walked quietly and then keep that smile on their faces long after their quick warm eye contact ends. He put his arm on her shoulders and then put it down again to give her his hand that she dearly held. They stopped, each to take a morning paper from the young lady that was giving it for free to whoever was interested. I bet they stopped out of thoughtfulness for the shivering girl that stood there in the cold. It was time for them then to go their way. He walked towards the LRT station and opened its door and she went the other way watching him still. She threw a kiss for him in the air and waved goodbye, to which he calmly smiled and closed his eyes to savor the moment... and on went my bus. (A true story)

I cannot take my eyes off the breathtaking landscape everywhere. the fresh shiny grass and its adorable intoxicating smell when it is freshly cut that always makes me literally smile, the new leaves on trees, the reflection of the sun rays on the river in the morning, the wisps of cool breeze that welcome me as I walk and that I adore; I simply inhale the beauty of my new world all in.

People usually avoid eye contact when they are clustered in one place. I used to do that. Now, I simply watch people, and read their life stories on their faces and body languages. There was that man. I remember that the sight of his fingers holding the something he was reading stopped me, I don’t know why. There was something about those fingers; long, fair and soft as they seemed; tender and caring they were. I imagined them touching, feeling and in love. They were not like the snobbish busy figures of another young lady checking her cell phone and texting to the unknown. People and their little details and huge mysteries will always intrigue me.

No comments: